The purpose of the annex III of the CPR is to give more flexibility to the manufacturers of construction products when drawing up a Declaration of Performance (DoP). Please see below a summary of the delegated act amending the annex III:
- The text of the model is shorter and in the DoP manufacturers may include the reference to the website where the DoP is available;
- It provides additional instructions for drawing up a DoP;
- The former point 2 of the annex III was deleted (“type, batch or serial number or any other element allowing identification of the construction product as required pursuant to art. 11(4)”;
- When a manufacturer draws up a DoP, they shall reproduce the texts and the headlines of the model, which are not indicated between brackets;
- The manufacturer may use a different layout than in the model;
- The points of the model can be combined and thus presented together. They can also be presented in a different order;
- If some points are not relevant for the product, they can be omitted;
- The manufacturer may present the points without numbering them.
In short, the delegated act to modify the annex V clarifies the description of the Assessment and Verification of Constancy of Performance (AVCP) tasks.